Renal calculi or kidney stones are the stones in the urinary system. They are created when the urine is highly concentrated. This can happen from not getting enough water. These kidney stones are often very painful and there is usually a pain in the lower stomach or lower back. You may also feel a burning sensation when you urinate. In severe cases, there can be blood in the urine. Kidney stones often respond well to natural treatment. If you want to avoid surgery, utilize homeopathic medicines.
Homeopathic Medicines for Kidney Stones
Please note that there are numerous homoeopathic remedies shown to improve kidney stones. There aren’t side effects with homeopathic remedies generally; however, it’s never a good idea to self-medicate without consulting a doctor.
1. Berberis Vulgaris
One of the most popular homeopathic remedies is berberis vulgaris. This treatment is suitable for left kidney stones. The stones can cause pain that permeates the urethra, bladder and ureter and travels down your thighs. This pain is often accompanied with a burning sensation. Other symptoms can be red or green urine that has thick mucus. Jerking and motion can make the pain worse.
Another reliable homeopathic medicine for kidney stones is lycopodium. This treatment is often given for those with kidney stones on the right side. It has been shown to successfully dissolve right-side stones. This is also suggested for use when there is a terrible backache before passing urine but gone after urination. Most patients who use it have complained of urination urgency, retained urine, and frequent urination at night. This urine can be full of yellow or red sediments. If there is acute right-side renal colic, lycopodium is essential.
Hydrangea is also called the stone breaker. Many say it’s an accurate name because it also helps to remove the tendency for kidney stones to reoccur. It is a homeopathic remedy that has been proven to work well, especially when white sediments are found in the urine. Blood in urine, frequent urination and sharp back pain also indicate the use of hydrangea.
When a strong burning sensation occurs before, during and after urination, cantharis is the right homeopathic medicine. This homeopathic treatment works well for trouble on either side of the kidney and is particularly useful when a burning sensation is prominent. It is also necessary when there is a constant urge to urinate, but with little passing, and sometimes only drops at a time. There is often extreme scalding and blood in the urine. Some people will experience a severe, tearing pain in the kidney.
5. Pareira Brava
When urination is accompanied by strain and extreme pain, pareira brava is recommended. In this case, the person is putting in tiresome, painful efforts to pass urine. It is often only after much strain that urine is passed at all. When the pain radiates down the thigh and even into the foot, pareira brava is often prescribed as the best homeopathic medicine for kidney stones.
6. Urtica Urens
This is a homeopathic remedy that is often considered in any case when uric acid levels climb. It is the perfect option for homeopathic medicine for the kidney stones because of how effective it is at dissolving them.
7. Ocimum Canum
This is often prescribed in cases when the pain of the kidney stone is accompanied by nausea and vomiting. While it does work well for kidney trouble on either the left or the right side, it is only given when vomiting comes with the pain. Urination is often red, purulent, and has highly foul smelling.
It’s best suited for those who have white sediment with urine. This will also be accompanied with pain after urination. The urethra will also feel a cutting, burning sensation. Urination occurs with a thin stream that isn’t strong.
9. Benzoic Acid
When you have urine that is foul-smelling or the urine is dark brown or changes color often, benzoic acid is the great homeopathic medicine for kidney stones. In addition to removing the stones, it can help regulate uric acid levels in a body. It can also decrease the chance of stones reoccurring.
10. Other Homeopathic Medicines
- Aconite is useful in the acute stage. If urine feels hot or is bloody, aconite is recommended. In addition, the patient may sweat a lot or complain about pain on the left side.
- Arnica is indicated when urine has brick-colored sediments and urine is painful.
- Belladonna is recommended when urine is cloudy, dark, scanty and has phosphate stones. It is also used when the bladder is sensitive and there is blood in the urine.
- Solidago is used when there isn’t much urine, and kidney, bladder and stomach suffer from serious pain.
- Hydrangea is for those who have pain on the left side of their back. It helps when urine is accompanied with white discharge or bloody discharge.
- Calcarea carbonica is for when a patient complains of urine that is dark brown in color and has white or bloody sediments.
- Colocynthis is the homeopathic medicine for kidney stones when the urethra is burning when the patient passes a stool, or urine with red crystals. Pain radiates over the stomach when a person urinates and is relieved when they bend forward.
- Nitric acid is for renal colic when pain is similar to that of splinters. Urine is smelly, dark and scanty. It is used when urine is foul smelling, like the smell of a horse's.