When purchasing commercial hair care products many people prefer those made from natural products. These are usually free from artificial additives. Among the popular ingredients used in these products are eggs. Enriched with crucial proteins and vitamin B, eggs have nutrients that improve the health of your hair and skin, leaving it shiny and lustrous. For years, egg has featured as an effective home remedy in hair beauty.
Benefits of Egg for Hair
Raw eggs have the capacity to strengthen your hair and promote its growth because eggs are enriched with proteins and vitamin B components. Its combination of nutrients ensures that your hair is protected and nourished. The egg white is filled with bacteria hindering enzymes to keep your scalp clean and healthy while the egg yolk deeply moisturizes the strands of your hair leaving it healthier. The yolk has:
- Fatty acids to prevent dandruff
- Nutrients to counter hair loss
- Improved shine and glossy texture
- Vitamin A and E to prevent dryness
- Vitamin D for hair growth
- Vitamin B to improve blood circulation
It is so easy to make a homemade egg conditioner from raw eggs; simply mix the egg in a bowl, massage it into your hair and scalp. You can use a brush for longer hair to ensure that you cover the hair and scalp. Allow the egg conditioner to penetrate the roots for about 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Shampoo your hair if you desire. This is a weekly routine to give you healthy hair
Uses of Egg for Hair
1. For All Hair Types
The entire egg is beneficial to the hair, but egg white-only will do for oily hair. Egg yolk provides extra nourishment for dry brittle hair. In either case, mix half a cup of the preferred conditioner into your damp hair. Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse with cool water and shampoo the hair. For egg yolk and whole egg treatments, apply once a month. For egg white treatments, a two weeks application is okay.
2. For Dull Hair
If your hair has been dried out from different styling products, it probably lacks the necessary moisture and will appear dull. To reverse this, massage half a cup of homemade egg conditioner into wet hair. Allow it to sink for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water followed by cool water. Shampoo your hair as you normally would.
3. For Itchy Scalp
Flaky hair could be due to poor diet, climate or stress. Egg treatment in this case will moisturize the scalp removing the dryness. For this, mix the egg mixture into the scalp, let it settle for 20 minutes, rinse and shampoo hair. Give your hair once a week treatment.
4. For Fine Hair
For hair that is full of body, mix half a cup of the egg mix with sunflower or canola. Apply to damp hair then wait 15 minutes and rinse with cool water. Apply once a week.
5. For Dry hair
Dry hair is dehydrated from exposure to the sun, hard water, and flat iron effects. Use half a cup of egg mixture. Apply to the hair, cover or lock in moisture for 20 minutes. Try adding avocado and honey to the mix to boost the conditioner with keratin. Do this once a month.
6. For Oily Hair
Use a paddle hairbrush to coat the hair with egg white mixture. Rinse with warm cool water because hot water will cook the egg. Shampoo if you desire. Treatment should ideally be done weekly.
7. For Frizzy Hair
Egg has the best combination of proteins and vitamins to smoothen rough hair. Massage the beaten raw eggs into the hair. Wait for 15 minutes, rinse off with warm cool water. Apply twice a week.
8. For Residue-packed Hair
If your hair is characterized by acidic deposits, use the egg conditioner to clean it up. Massage the mix into damp hair, wait 15 minutes and rinse off. Shampoo the hair if you wish. Apply twice a week.
9. For Hair Growth
Egg hair mask helps condition the hair preventing hair loss and promoting growth.
- Prevent Hair Loss. For stronger and shiny hair, mix the egg yolk with a table spoon of castor oil and massage into the hair and scalp. Let it sink in for about 30 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- Promote Hair Growth. Use egg and olive oil mixture or mix two raw eggs mixed with one cup of yogurt, a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Beat the eggs and yogurt to a frothy paste. Add honey and lemon and mix well. Apply to wet hair and leave for up to 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Apply occasionally.
10. For Hair-conditioning
Egg yolk softens the hair making it easy to manage, shinier and lustrous. It is the ideal treatment for hair loss and split ends. It removes dandruff, and it promotes growth. There are different types of egg yolk hair treatments.
- Egg Yolks and Avocado. A paste of avocado and egg applied to hair will moisturize the hair, protecting it and giving it shine.
- Egg Yolks and Olive Oil. Two teaspoons of olive oil with the egg can be used as a conditioner for shiny smooth hair. You can also add warm honey to the mixture.
- Beaten Egg Yolks. Applying this mixture once a month prevents hair loss and treats the scalp.
- Egg Yolks and Almond Oil. If you have dull and damaged locks, try a paste of one egg, a teaspoon of almond oil, a table spoon of honey and yogurt, and apply 90 minutes.
- Egg Yolks and Castor Oil. Use 2 eggs and an equal amount of castor oil for smooth moisturized hair.
- Egg Yolks and Linseed Oil. Two teaspoons of linseed and two egg yolks mixed will prevent dry hair. Apply for as long as you want but rinse before it dries up.
- Egg Yolks and Lavender Oil. Whisk lavender and egg for an aroma therapeutic treatment for your hair.
- Egg Yolks and Lemon Juice. Two egg yolks and a table spoon of yogurt plus a teaspoon of lemon juice will keep the hair soft, smooth and shiny.